Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Sharing #2 - James 3:9-10

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be."

James 3: 9-10 NIV

"Look at her, so ugly still dare to carry LV bag. The bag 100% is counterfeit!". "Go to hell, you stupid idiot". "He will never ever succeed in life, if he did, the Sun would rise from the west!".

These sentences are so common in our daily lives. Judging, accusing and cursing people are what we do best. It is so natural for us to say those words which can hurt and break others' hearts. Often we forget they are made in God's image as well. Cursing them is equivalent to humiliating God. The most interesting fact in James 3:9-10 is, we use the same tongue to praise our Lord. 

Personally, I used to indulge in gossiping about people. Whenever I detected some fresh news, my radar automatically activated its reception. Sometime I shared the gossip I have in order to exchange some other news. However at one point of time, I felt so guilty because I discovered my news were false after sharing with my friends. Gossiping is as bad as cursing because some time we don't even know whether what we share is true fact. Imagine, we praise God with our foul mouths, will God be pleased?

 Thus, we need to be conscious about the words coming our from our mouths. Our mouths are meant to communicate with one another and worship God. We cannot curse and praise God with the same mouth. It is easy to come out with this conclusion, however, it takes a lot of efforts and determination to eliminate our habit of judging, gossiping and cursing. I believe step by step, we can make a change. May God's strength and wisdom be with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment